14 October, 2008

Graciousness and Allowing Things to Fold over on Their Own

I’ve been a bit out of the news cycle as of the past few days, but I was unsurprised by the outcome of Pain’s “Troopergate.” In addition, of course, I did see news footage showing McCain’s delusional claim, “We have him right where we want him,” to a group of supporters. It’s entertaining and sadly ironic how McCain, his team and the RNC are losing this campaign all on their own.

Like our current President, McCain and his team haven’t seemed to garner lessons history teaches us. Since their Convention bubble, burst by the economy’s misfortune, they’ve spent all of their time speaking negatively about Barrack Obama. Ironically, when Hillary’s campaign fell into its dregs, it did the same thing. I say “ironically,” because that was only five-six months ago the wheels fell off the Clinton’s bus, campaigning against Barrack Obama.

What is quite amazing, aside from the shear number of “Hope” stickers one sees around any given city, is that Obama and his campaign are legitimately campaigning through a means of “New Politics.” In Obama’s case, in spite of character assassination attempts by his opponents, he’s kept his cool. In all of these cases, the man has simply brushed this proverbial “shit” off his shoulder.

It delights me to see that Obama has simply stood back, allowing McCain to lampoon himself. Obama has played it quite clean, and has done little quid-pro-quo with the character assassination components. Outside the advertisement acknowledging McCain being one of the Keating Five, outside of speaking to it during speaking engagements, he has spent little time being bothered. It’s quite delightful to see a campaign and its surrogates allow their opponents to self-disintegrate.

Perhaps I am blinded by my bias? If I am missing something, please comment on this, because I am quite interested in anything Obama has done on par with the Ayers/Wright/Rezko nonsense, none of which are new, nor have the past relationships received “unethical” status from any bodies of Law.
For my Conservative friends and family, I cannot imagine the embarrassment you must have over Sarah Palin. I can now see why I heard her too easily dismissed back in June, during that VP-speculation period.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you that Obama has managed to keep it respectable for the most part. He has found it unnecessary to personally attack McCain and has basically ignored Sarah Palin, both smart moves.