19 October, 2008

Good News in the Morning



I woke up this morning, and was delighted to hear Colin Powell endorsing my candidate for President. Powell is a respected and intelligent man; moreover, he was betrayed by the current administration, which gives him all the more cause to fight for Obama’s campaign. Let’s be frank about something, John McCain, while he is angered at the allegation, does not represent a shift in policy from the current administration—probably the worst President in our history.

I digress. I was delighted to see one more component fall to Obama’s favor, and glad to see it was someone whose support could silence one of the many attempted criticisms of Obama. Over the next few weeks, we’ll see McCain and his surrogates clutching at straws, attempting to find something that works against Obama. It will be obnoxious and annoying, but it’s the cost of doing business.

Out of respect for John McCain, after he hopefully loses, I hope he returns to the Senate, and will end his campaign. McCain’s campaign and his erratic behavior in it have changed my opinion of the man and his faculties. It’s too bad, but he doesn’t care what I think, so it simply is what it is.

No comments: