06 December, 2007

The Visible White Undershirt – The Male Panty-line

Gentlemen,

This is an appeal, much in the same way women said something to their friends about the use of thongs underneath tighter pants twenty-some years ago. Quite simply, if you are not wearing a tie and buttoning the top button of your shirt, please don’t wear a crew neck t-shirt underneath your shirt. If you would like to wear an undershirt, please don’t hesitate to go with a tank-top, or you can come to the dark-side of the MattyJ-force, throwing on a v-neck-t.

By no means am I advocating one not wearing an under-shirt. If one happens to perspire, or they are too much man for the thin material of their shirt, please wear something. I am simply saying that the crew-neck bordering your neck, underneath your golf-shirt or oxford looks more unkempt; moreover, my guess is that those with hom you are trying to impress will be less so.

I am saying this as a friend. Sure, you may have busted my chops, or given me grief in the past, if you saw me walking around, let’s say Frat-days, in a crusty white v-neck. You were right to do so; however, don’t be scared to throw on that v-neck if you aren’t wearing a tie. Otherwise, you are throwing ground balls…


Ladies,

Please feel free to comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I actually had not ever thought about the 'white tshirt showing' issue but now that you mention it. It would look much better not having it show. V-necks should be the way to go and it would look more polished.