11 December, 2007

Greater Points of Conversation

Taking this foray into blogging, it’s hard to think of what to write sometimes. Strike that. I cannot say that it is “hard” to write, as I simply write whatever about which I am thinking that will make a complete thought; that which is, of course, not obscene or base in demeanor. You may frown at that, but we all have thoughts that turn to the more vulgar or base side of things.

With that, however, I am wondering, “Should I write about things more scintillating? Are there topics, which might strike up more conversation?” With that, I started writing this going through my blog from the last week, and I have noticed a drop-off in the number of comments readers leave for me. What is it, vanity? Or is it something nobler; like, for instance, care and concern for that which my loved ones read and think?

I don’t know, methinks that vanity has a great deal of play involved; however, contrary to that, I have to admit the joy I have in writing is having a friend or family member respond with something contemplative or thoughtful. At the end of the day, that is the ultimate gratification for which I am pursuing. Which begs the question: how do I develop more dialogue and communication going back and forth on the webpage?

Certainly, amongst all of my friends and family, there are topics that I know appeal to individuals, viz. Politics for Todd, Boise experiences for much of my family, etc… I know that for some there is a limit to their exhibitionist tendencies, and there are others that just enjoy the act of voyeurism concerning what I write. When I sit down to write, I write for all about which I mention. Of course, most importantly, I surmise, is that I sit down to write for “Matt” ultimately. That is the gist of it, right? Yet, while I do that, and do that with joy and pleasure, I have to admit, I would like a more consistent turnout of thoughts on what I am writing. Am I too prolific?

Don’t be afraid to comment; in fact, please do. Over what should I spend my time musing? What is it that you, my audience enjoy? Please don’t take my writing style as factor to inhibit your response. As of late, I have made more of a conscious effort to write more popularly with my prose, am I achieving that? What are your thoughts?

I look forward to the conversation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. I look forward to getting responses/comments on posts that I put a lot of thought into. Not sure if I call it vanity. I just like the feed back otherwise why keep a blog right? Keep the posts coming.