28 February, 2008

Long time coming

Alas, I am a horrible blogger Why? Well, aside from the continuous use of lengthy sentences and verbose passages, I don’t come here often enough to post things. A few big activities of late:
Work
Running
Skiing
Volunteering at the Boys and Girls Club of Idaho, Ada County

On the volunteering component, I am having a ball. I have been going a couple of times a week. I was initially so included to go and help kids with their school work; however, thus far, I have done more respective to going there to play games with the kids. By games, largely that means pool, bumper pool, air hockey, or Mancala (sp?).

I suspect I will continue doing this, as I find it quite rewarding; however, not helping out with stuff academic takes away some of the drive to participate. I don’t feel as though I am adding a whole lot of value just going to play. I am sure many can state points contrary to that feeling, but the schedule rearrangement to play billiards with eight-year-olds has the propensity to wear a bit thin.

That’s about it, as of late. Otherwise, it is more of the same: lots of work, running, skiing and volunteering. Right now, I am working to not fall into a rut. Hence, why I’ve not written a whole lot, there isn’t much to report.

No comments: