08 February, 2008

Bill Clinton, I don't know that you can justify words or actions as a spouse

"Everything I have said has been factually accurate, but I think the mistake I made was to think I was a spouse just like any other spouse who could defend his candidate," Bill Clinton told Portland television station WCSH. "I think I can promote Hillary but not defend her because I was president."

Here is my challenge with this, and my challenge with even considering Hillary as a viable candidate. Hillary has Bill Clinton as a spouse. Not only are we all familiar with their issues during his presidency, but that will be something we will incessantly see in a race between Hillary and a Republican. Would the candidate say anything? No – that would be suicide, but the tangential media, e.g. Rush, Coulter, Hannity, et al., would be incessant.

The Clinton’s in the White House again would simply be a regurgitation of the 1990’s, and we can’t deal with that. Not to mention all the personal issues I have with Hillary, but their day in the sun has come and gone. Beyond all of that, Bill Clinton cannot truthfully take his actions, and make excuses for them as a husband, when he was doing what he did in the Oval Office with Monica. Sorry – game over Bill, it doesn’t pass the smell test.

No comments: