24 September, 2008

“Putting My Campaign on Suspension”

I have to admit, I find it a little humorous that McCain is putting his campaign on suspension to go back to Washington and avoid this Friday’s debate. Why? Matt, this crisis is dangerous for our economy! We need all of Washington in session, able to vote on the bailout package!

Okay – well then, by all means, should McCain, a patriarch of the economy go back to Washington to attempt to look Presidential in the face of a crisis that was caused by everyone but those deregulating banks, real estate and Wall Street over the past eight years! What is the worst that could happen for McCain? He announces his intention to suspend his campaign, and go back to Washington in the face of his declining poll numbers, so he can look more Presidential! “I am a man of importance! My poll numbers have descended, which means I can’t get anything out of being on the stump! Rather than do that, I am going to symbolically stop campaigning in a losing campaign to look presidential by going back to Washington!

It’s a good thing McCain is putting all of this on hold! Maybe if things aren’t working out for him, he doesn’t get the October surprise Bush is striving for on his behalf, and the economy is still bad, he can put the election in November on hold as well! Yeah – it looks to me like capitalization on bad news for the Economy…

No comments: